Friday, October 5, 2012

October Book Club Book

Alright boys, it was a close call but the next book club book is...The Candymakers by Wendy Mass.




Four children have been chosen to compete in a candymaking contest. Who will invent the most delicious candy and what will it be!? If you enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or just like eating candy, you may enjoy this one!

We have several copies available in the media center. We will meet during lunch on Monday, October 29.



What do you suppose the treat will be? Candy seems like an obvious answer but I want specifics! Think of all the candies out there and how it ties in to the book. Let me know what you think our book tie-in treat will be!

Happy Reading!

Mrs. Sauter and Mrs. Brown

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the book and I think that the candy will be either something like the Harmonicandy or maybe the Bubbleastic Choco Rocket it might even be like the I Scream. It probably wont be the bacon pops!!!

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek, I love your guesses! Those are really great suggestions. Do you know where I might find a bubbleastic choco rocket? You're right, it probably will not be the bacon pops! I'm so glad you really liked the book and look forward to discussing it with you on October 29th.

    -Mrs. Sauter

    ReplyDelete